Share your Story
At Alberta Children's Hospital we are committed to working with patients and families to achieve better health outcomes. Patient and Family stories about their health care experiences can be a powerful tool to help teach, guide and inform strategic priorities and influence our every day practices. We would love to hear one of your stories about your experience at Alberta Children's Hospital.
Who can create an ACH health care story?
- Any current or former Patient and Family of Alberta Children's Hospital
- If your story is related to the transition from Pediatric to Adult care, check out the Youth in Transition Story webpage
How can I share my story?
You can use whatever format suits your creative abilities, such as:
- Video recording
- Audio recording
- Written story
- Slide show presentation
How will my story reach other patients, families and/or healthcare providers?
Your story may be shared by:
- Posting it to our website
- Including it in our monthly PFCC e-newsletter
- Presenting it as part of a PFCC educational session
- Including it in other PFCC-focused opportunities
A few tips on creating your story:
- Powerful patient and family stories answer these three questions:
- What Happened?
- How did the actions of the healthcare providers affect your experience?
- Why does your story matter to your well-being?
- Before you tell your story, ask yourself:
- What do I hope for as a result of telling my story?
- What I am willing to share?
- What does my family not want me to talk about?
- How do I feel about my story being shared via video, word of mouth, or in written form?
- What support do I need to tell my story?
- Keep it simple and tell it in your own words. The more authentic the story, the greater impact it will have.