ACH Advisor Resources
- ACH Patient and Family Centred Care Volunteer Database
- Become a Patient and Family Advisor Brochure
Parents as Partners Tip Sheets
- Tip Sheet #1 - Building a Relationship With Your Healthcare Team
- Tip Sheet #2 - Building a Partnership - Sharing Information
- Tip Sheet #3 - Working Together - Making Decisions
- Tip Sheet #4 - When we Disagree - Developing a Shared Understanding
- Commitment to Comfort: Lived Experience Video - Ben’s Story
- Commitment to Comfort: Lived Experience Video - Jeannine’s Story
- Commitment to Comfort: Lived Experience Video - Marina’s Story
- Learn more about Family Centred Care at Alberta Children's Hospital
- This is N.O.D., Your Captain Speaking - Aria's Story
- What Patient and Family Centred Care Means to Me - Respect
- What Patient and Family Centred Care Means to Me - Information Sharing
- What Patient and Family Centred Care Means to Me - Participation
- What Patient and Family Centred Care Means to Me - Collaboration
Building Patient & Family Centred Partnerships - PFCC Week 2016
October 17, 2016
Care is a Family Affair
November 8, 2019
Conversations that Matter - Improving Patient & Workforce Experiences at AHS
March 7, 2018
End PJ Paralysis
October 24, 2018
Fueling Improvements Using Patient Experience Data
September 5, 2018
She's no visitor- she's my wife: Enhancing Family Presence
April 19, 2017
My Why - Patient & Family Centred Care Cultural Transformation in Protective Services
April 12, 2017
PFCC Data: What are patients and families telling us
October 25, 2017
PFCC: Together We're Better
September 27, 2017
Sexual & Gender Diversity Cultural Safety: Improving the Experience for the Sexual & Gender Diverse Populations
October 6, 2015
Sharing your Healthcare Story with Confidence
February 3, 2016
The Leader's Role in Patient Experience - PFCC Week 2016
October 19, 2016
Why Compassion Matters: Personal Reflections of Patients, Families, and Health Care Providers
November 10, 2017
Alberta Health Services - Patient First Strategy
The Patient First Strategy outlines strategies and recommendations to ensure that patient- and family-centred care is at the forefront of delivering seamless and effective health care to Albertans.
Canadian Association of Pediatric Health Centres (CAPHC)
CAPHC is a non-profit organization that brings together many healthcare organizations across the country. Its mission is to support member and partner organizations through education, research, and quality improvement initiatives to improve health service delivery for Canadian children and youth. CAPHC organizes an excellent annual conference that is open to Patients and Family Advisors.
Canadian Family Advisory Network (CFAN)
The Canadian Family Advisory Network (CFAN) is a national network of family advisory groups across Canada. Membership is free and open to any group or individual that has an interest in family centred care.
Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI)
The Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI), an independent not-for-profit organization based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, is a leading innovator, convener, partner, and driver of results in health and health care improvement worldwide. Great site for healthcare improvement resources.
Institute for Patient-and Family-Centred Care
IPFCC provides national and international leadership to advance the understanding and practice of patient- and family-centered care. Visit this website for patient and family centred care educational opportunities, resources and best practice information.
International Association for Public Participation
IAP2 Canada is an association of professionals in the field of public participation (P2), who seek to promote and improve the practice in relation to individuals, governments, institutions and other entities that affect the public interest in Canada and around the world.
The Beryl Institute
The Beryl Institute is the global community of practice dedicated to improving the patient experience through collaboration and shared knowledge. This organization provides an extensive library of resources that include publications/webinars and other learning materials. Contact your PFCC team contact for membership access.
The Knowledge Exchange Network (KEN)
KEN is affiliated with CAPHC and provides an online information exchange portal for parents and professionals.