Patient and Family Advisors
The PFCC Network is our entry engagement level where we welcome all patients, family members, and other caregivers to join.
Our PFCC Network is where Patient and Family Advisors:
- Receive requests to provide input/feedback via email
- Receive invitations to participate in more formal engagement opportunities
- Receive our monthly PFCC e-newsletter that highlights Patient and Family Centred Care initiatives throughout the hospital, profiles Patient and Family Centred Care champions, as well as, patient and family education opportunities
- Receive quarterly feedback update summaries as to how the PFCC Network has made a difference
- Receive an Annual PFCC Network Survey to complete which allows us to gain insight as to what is working well for our Advisors and what we can do to improve.
Advisors of our PFCC Network can choose how they want to be involved according to their areas of interest, experience, and time available to volunteer.
Some ways in which PFCC Network Advisors can participate without sitting on a formal committee/council include:
- Share healthcare stories at different healthcare venues
- Review and provide input and feedback via email on written materials, websites, videos, surveys etc. designed for patients/families
- Become a member of a short-term working group
- Participate in a focus group
- Participate in education opportunities
- Other short-term, ad-hoc commitments
Advisors who participate on network activities only do not go through a formal volunteer screening process.
For more information on additional engagement opportunities, click here.