Vision, Mission, & Values
Patients, families, healthcare providers, and community members have access to reliable and comprehensive information, resources and supports related to children's health and well-being.
To help build child & youth, parent and community ability to attend to child health issues and the impact these create by:
- Creating a comfortable and friendly place at the Alberta Children's Hospital, for families, healthcare professionals and community members to access credible health information, community resources and individualized supports.
- Connecting with other health or information related services across the province.
- Supporting innovative ways of delivering information, services and supports.
We are committed to:
- Responding to personalized needs of families, healthcare professionals and community members in relation to child and youth health.
- Sharing credible consumer and academic health information and resource information so families can make informed decisions and advocate for their child's care.
- Providing age and developmentally appropriate information, resources and support to children and youth.
- Offering information in a variety of formats, and ranging from basic to complex.
- Promoting and training and supporting parents as resources for other parents and healthcare professionals.
- Sharing information and resources across AHS and with other services and systems.
- Encouraging and supporting partnership and collaboration between and with families and professionals; engaging them in the work of the FCRC.
- Treating ourselves and others with dignity and respect.
- Being transparent about and accountable for all aspects of our programs and services including measure of our performance and outcomes related to our services.
- Meeting the needs of diverse populations.
- Respecting the privacy of users.
- The safety of our teams, patients, families and community partners in relation to the services we develop, lead or support.