PFCC - Engagement Opportunities
The Family Advisory Council
Alberta Children’s Hospital (ACH) is committed to collaborating with patients and families in the planning and delivery of safe, quality healthcare services.
The Family Advisory Council is a formal group of volunteer family members that have experience using the services of ACH and who bring a richness of diversity in life and family health experiences to their role as Family Advisors.
The Family Advisory Council works together with the hospital to provide a family voice on ACH policies, processes, and delivery of care through consultations.
Alberta Children's Hospital is guided by Alberta Health Services' organizational values of respect, accountability, transparency and engagement are key principles that guide the work and relationships with the Family Advisory Council.
The principles of Patient and Family Centred Care represent the foundational framework by which ACH engages with patient and family partners. These principles are respect, information sharing, participation, and collaboration.
The Family Advisory Council will hold regularly scheduled monthly meetings. The Council does not meet in December, June, July or August.
Members will have the option of participating in additional subcommittee work and/or other engagement opportunities.
The Council is to be comprised of about 30 family member volunteers who:
- Have a variety of ACH family health service related experiences.
- Bring diversity to the Council with respect to their life and family health service-related experiences as a reflection of the population who utilizes ACH.
- Have a desire to work collaboratively with ACH in improving the quality, safety and experience of patient care.
- Have successfully completed ACH advisor screening and AHS Volunteer Resources requirements.
- Participate in eight (8) monthly face-to-face meetings per year.
Expectations and Responsibilities
All Family Advisory Council members will be registered AHS volunteers and are required to abide by the AHS Volunteer Policies and Guidelines.
Apply to join this Council
New to the PFCC Network? Submit an application.
Current member of the PFCC Network? Send an email expressing your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email email@example.com if you have any questions.