Getting ready to move to adult care means learning new skills and taking on more responsibility for your healthcare. Our goal is to provide you and your family with information and resources to prepare for this move.
To get started:
- Complete the Checklist Tools with your family to see what you're already able to do, and what you may need to work on. Links are provided for each checklist item to help you find the information you need.
- Use My Plan to set some goals and keep track of your progress.
- Review the Transition Timeline to help you plan ahead.
- If you have a developmental disability, these Transition Guidelines & Community Supports offer additional information.
- Discuss any questions or concerns with your doctor, nurse, and/or family.
The best time to start getting ready is NOW!