Getting Around Town
A big part of being independent is being able to get out and about on your own. There are a number of ways to get around Calgary.
- Calgary Transit has bus and C-Train routes that service most areas of Calgary.
- Travel Training is a program that helps those with disabilities gain confidence and independence by learning how to ride on public transit.
- ACCESS Calgary offers a door-to-door service within the city for those who can't take public transit. Clients share the ride with others and travel by taxi, Southland bus or Handi-bus. You need to apply for this service and have an interview.
For more information, call Calgary Transit at 403-262-1000 or Access Calgary at 403-537-7777.
- 4 Seasons Transportation offers driving services for those who live in rural areas and small towns around the Calgary area.
- Dreams Transportation provides personalized door-to-door service to all areas of the city as well as out of town. They specialize in providing services to those with disabilities, children and seniors.
- Driving Miss Daisy offers a reliable and safe service for those with disabilities. Services include taking clients on shopping trips, to appointments, etc.
A fee is charged for these services.
Go to Getting Your Driver's Licence for details on this process.
Apply for an Attendant Card if you need someone to take the bus with you. Call 403-537-7933.