Family Access Computers
NOTICE: Due to COVID-19, computers in the Family Access areas are currently unavailable. Laptops are still available to inpatients and their caregivers to borrow.
Guidelines for using Family Access Computers
- These computers are intended for use by patients and their families.
- Please limit your time on the computer when others are waiting.
- Please keep the volume low and/or use headphones.
- If you are using the Internet, Content Protect will filter out inappropriate sites.
- Any changes you make will be deleted when the computer is restarted. If you need to save a file use a portable flash drive, or email it to yourself.
- Please keep the area around the computer tidy.
- Food and drink are not allowed at the computer workstation.
Information Technology Acceptable Use Policy
In accordance with the Alberta Health Services's Policy regarding "Information Technology Acceptable Use" (Document Number: 1109, Effective Date: January 10, 2012), all users of the family access computers must adhere to the following:
- General Computing
- 1.3 Users shall not remove or tamper with any IT Resources, including hardware or software.
- 1.6 Users are prohibited fron accessing of distributing illegal or objectionable material, including but not limited to:
- obscene or pornographic material;
- hate propaganda or discriminatory material;
- defamatory and libellous material; and
- secually harassing material.
- 1.7 Copyrighted materials (such as thrid-party software) shall only be copied with a porper license or expressed written permission for the software manufacturer.
- IT Security & Compliance
- 5.4 Use of IT resources to gain or attempt to gain unautherized access to information, services, or other resources within or outside AHS is strictly prohibited.
- Family & Community Resource Centre
- Family Center
- PICU Waiting Room
- NICU Waiting Room
- Musculoskeletal Clinic Waiting Room
- Oncology Clinic Waiting Room
- Unit 2 Family Room
- Unit 3 Family Room
- Unit 4 Family Room